Saturday, January 16, 2010

Happy Birthday to me... 2 months late!

So you are correct. Today is not my birthday, but as my birthday was in the middle of my work week at amazon.com I never actually got to have a birthday or a birthday cake. So today I am proclaiming my substitute birthday day!

I know, sad right?!!?

To remedy this problem, no cake (because even though I'm now 23 does not mean that I dont want a birthday cake), I made myself a cake... it is a two layer round German Chocolate cake!


This was my first attempt at making a German Chocolate cake with homemade frosting and it turned out wonderfully! The cake was made last night but the frosting had to be made this morning so for breakfast everyone is having cake... strange I know but it sure is a mix-up of the breakfast routine!

What a sugar high so early in the morning!

1 comment:

The Scott Family said...

i love it! the pictures makes me want to eat the cake right now. i cant believe you didnt send me some or something... j/k! love you tons. and happy late birthday... (but remember I did call you on your birthday in the middle of when you were sleeping and wish you happy b-day!) much love, mindy