Sunday, January 11, 2015

Broccoli and Carrot Soup

When deciding what I wanted for dinner I realized I had fresh cut carrots and celery (leftover from a homemade chicken soup I had tried) and fresh broccoli that needed to be used and searched the internet for an interesting soup to try. 
Wanting to use real food (not processed cheese or canned cream of anything) I found a recipe, Broccoli and Carrot Soup.
The recipe was really just a guide because I honestly don't have fat-free milk like it called for so I used whole milk and cream.  Also I don't really measure my vegetables, I just cut up what I have and add it to the pot. 
It is wonderful.  The cream-based veggie soup really hit the spot with a crusty bread. Defiantly trying this again!
PS: Next time try not adding the flour.  I think the cream made it thick enough.

No comments: