Wednesday, June 3, 2015

361 things

The new count as of tomorrow is 361 things!  So proud of myself and excited to feel more peace.  The less things I have to keep track of the more I find time to read a book or actually work on a project instead of just packing around things for projects and never working on them. 

I have been loving the CLAN library system.  I have access to pretty much all the libraries in Northern Nevada and can get most any item (movie or book) that I have an interest in and have it delivered to the Carson library for my convenient pick up... AND I don't have to store the books at my house which is a big plus! Don't get me wrong because I love books but I was finding that they were taunting me from everywhere in my house.  The cookbooks that I never used but had 6, the 2 shelves of church related books, the 3 shelves stories of which I re-read instead of picking a new one, etc.  There they would sit almost accusingly as I then chose the library book to read instead.  Gone is the guilt of not reading them and instead replaced by the excitement of a new book.

(FYI I still have 75-100 books (that I feel are not taunting me) after getting rid of almost 200  between last year and this project so I am not completely book free)

2 comments:

Hanna said...

I think a perusal of your books needs to be in my future :) I LOVE the quilt and hot pads, so darling!

megs said...

Thanks! I'm having fun actually finishing things.