Monday, September 8, 2008

The British Museum

The British Museum was amazing! It was so large that it took us 2 hours to go through just the Greek, Roman, and Egypt rooms, we didn't even try to make it to the rooms that were devoted to England or we would have been in there all day and we had to leave something to do on other days! The classical exhibits were beautifully done with great explanations and examples. I saw the frieze from the Parthanon and another temple (below) that were transported here from Greece, along with statues from both Rome and Egypt! But the most exciting historical object that I saw today was the Rosetta Stone!!!! It was a lot larger then I thought but it was just as wonderful as I had hoped. Of course I couldn't read it but I enjoyed pretending and gazing! It was a wonderful day, but then everyday is wonderful when one is in London!!!

1 comment:

The Scott Family said...

meg, this is so fun! i cant really believe you are here. you need to post more pictures dear! love you so much and missing you. i am thinking of making a blog... we will see how it goes. love, mindy