Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sunday in London...

So I am still in London and loving it! Today we went to church in a ward that took us an hour and a half to get to... first by tube then by train and then walking... but the ward was really nice. There were about 50 people there and about 70 persent of them were of African desent although they almost all had British accents. I volenteered to help out in primary because the other girls really didnt want to but once I got there I began to think that it was a bad idea! The kids in there were out of control!!!! There were three girls that were all pretty good but the two boys were moving all over the place and I could hardly get them to stand still! I ended up trying to bring Samual the Lamenite to life but I dont know how well I did because I hadn't read the lesson at all but oh well I think that they might have learned something... I hope.

Riding the train was really fun but on the way home I was so tired that I ended up falling asleep on both the train and the tube. But there were girls there to wake me up and I made all of my stops! Dinner tonight like all of the food here is wonderful and there was a cheerly chocolete cherry cake for dessert but before you begin to worry they only serve dessert on sundays and we have been walking on average about 3 to 4 miles a day just around London doing assignments or trying to get were the fun is!

The rest of the night I did readings and wrote a field note. Not bad for pretty much not doing any real homework this week... (the reason I say real homework is because alot of our assignments are going places and looking at things or going on walks... for more info on the walks check out my class blog at http://meganslondonwalks.blogspot.com/ because I dont want to post it twice). It is getting late... so night and all my love!

No comments: