Friday, October 17, 2008

Oct 3rd

Almost caught up....

October 3rd was a very busy day! We started with a London Study to the Tower of London which I have to admit I have heard a lot about and yet did not know a lot. For instance I did not know that the Tower of London was more of a town then just a bunch of towers. So I was shocked to find that there was grass and gardens that the prisoners were usually allowed to go down and walk in during the day. And that prisoners were not the only ones that were brought to the tower but royalty before they were crowned were brought there to protect them before they were crowned. The Crown Jewels are within the Tower and I have to say that I "walked" past them multiple times on the conveyor belt that they make you stand on and have to say that they are some of the biggest jewels that I have ever seen in my life and I have pretty much decided that I want to become the Queen so I can wear The Crown! I also really enjoyed learning about those that had stayed in the Tower: Mary Queen of Scots, the two princes and Henry VIII's wives and how much liberty they had in their day to day lives as long as they stayed within the Tower and were in their cells by curfew. The Beefeater that showed us around were very entertaining and had some good stories to tell. And last but not not least, England will not fall! (We saw the crows!)



After the Tower we practically had to run to The Globe to make it in time for our second play as groundlings... The Merry Wives of Windsor! The play was very amusing and I have to say that I was laughing from the very first lines and continued to laugh until the play was well over. The characters and the play itself were hysterical and so well done! Even though I loved A Midsummer Night's Dream I thought that Merry Wives was so much better!


No comments: