Wednesday, February 11, 2009

5 am texts and questions? NOT OK!

VENT
(just give me 10 min so I can sleep well tonight)
(The smaller words are tangents... too bad this program doesnt have footnotes that is one good thing about turabian writing style)

Question: So thinking of the text from "Guts" (and this is not just some mean name that I came up with for him but what he introduced himself to me as. I have no idea what his real name is.) I was just wondering what possesses people to text mere acquaintances at 5 in the morning?

Answer/Feelings on the Topic/Story: I was thinking that maybe he just thought that I get up that early,
which I usually do but this week has been a week that I have been able to sleep in til at least 7:30 am, so I ignored it. I guess he didnt get the hint because he sent me another one at 6:10am. These texts
were not about anything important but things like "I am leaving for work now" and "So are you going to BYU?" I mean come on! 5 and 6 in the morning?!?!? So I sent a text that said "I'm sleeping!". What does this get me but a text the next morning at a little after 5 saying about the same thing... "going to work it snowed" things like that. So I sent him another one "Sleeping til after 8" and what happens the next morning... I bet you cant guess! I got another text, same time and I was in the same place, my bed... "Awake and headed to work its cold outside" ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?! We are not dating, I dont really even know you, what makes you think that I care when you go to work or when you get home? If I were dating you that might be a different matter but still I would probably run the other way because just the thought of someone always letting me know where they are makes me feel claustrophobic because then they ask what you are doing and I value my independence too much to want someone to constantly know where I am and what I am doing. Come on, we have meet once and didnt really even talk, I did not give you my number and you are making me leave my phone on silent and leaving it places just so I have an excuse not to text back. (I have never really be a big fan of phones except to talk to my parents and family. A phone just means that you are never alone... I dont always return text in a timely manor, there is a reason that you text. It is because you dont want to call and that is ok but just dont expect me to get right back to you.) You are an acquaintance that I will probably never see again and am not interested in so sorry if I dont have the time to learn everything about your life because I am focusing on school and being in pain and my friends and my responsibilities. That may be a little harsh but if you want to get to know me I amok with texting but if you purposely wake me up at 5 am (interrupting my few hours of sleep) to ask me trivial questions about myself then I am sorry but as a warning I might be tempted to be a little rude.

1 comment:

Alexandra Sandvik said...

Bahahaha! Guts has now been officially entered into my creepily-annoying/hilariously-stalker hall of fame.

Do you love him yet?
His friend wants to know.